Friday, June 29, 2007

Changing Table and Electrical Items Don't Mix

Our dresser doubles as a changing table. I also keep a small lamp on the end that I use when reading to Julia before bed. This was no problem until Julia became so active that I could hardly keep her still long enough to change her diaper. (This is especially fun if it's a poopy diaper!) Anyway, the other day she was rolling around, trying to grab everything, etc. when...voila! She knocked the lamp right to the ground where the light bulb shattered. It was an old lamp from my classroom with small beads on the end of the shade (fine for third graders but a major choking hazard for babies - bad Mom!). So I looked down to see broken glass and tiny beads everywhere. Fortunately, the mess was contained behind a big chair and I cleaned it up right away. But when I think about what could have happened...Needless to say I soon removed both the lamp and wipe warmer from her table. (I've actually replaced the lamp with a smaller, non-beaded version and I try to remember to remove it when changing her. I don't learn, do I?)

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Solution: http://www.vesselinc.com/