Wednesday, June 13, 2007

ever feel like this?

I don't know if this is teething, a 6 month-growth spurt, or new separation anxiety...whatever it is, this constant crying and needing to be held...
I have had it...
I'm done
can't take it anymore

I want someone to take this baby, this creature, this demanding, crying, screaming monster away.
I've totally lost sympathy, compassion, and kindness towards it's screeches and whines...

I don't care if it cries...I don't care if it needs milk...feed it formula, I don't give a damn. Stay the hell away from my sore, drooping, sagging, barely adequate boobs.
I've done everything I can..and get nothing in return. How much of that can a sane person take?

I don't want anymore of this, I don't want to be a mother anymore.

It is madness to sing "twinkle twinkle little star" over wails so loud it hurts your ears. Madness like playing sweet music over a horror movie murder scene...

I stood in the shower feeling like I WAS in a movie, with a camera motionless on my blank expression...water running over my hair and down my face. Screaming, crying, and wailing are heard in the background. If I pick him up, he'll stop, but I'm so tired of holding him.

Later, I'll hear, "How was your day?"
The explanation would really take too long and would achieve nothing.
"Fine," I'll say.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YUP! :) More often than I would like!

Tulip and Turnip said...

Oh, that's rough. I pray constantly that the babies will stop crying. I've found that praying rarely helps with this one! :)

Eilat said...

I have unfortunatly felt this way too. I found that if I took even two minutes to myself, yes, while the baby is crying, to regroup, at least I could deal yet again with the child until someone came to save us both. That said, that's what friends and family are for. During this times, dump (as my father likes to say) your child on someone else, again even for a short time to regroup. You'll find that they have MUCH more patience for him (since they haven't heard him all day) and you'll be much more ready to tackle the rest of the day afterwards. Here's to no more tough days!