Thursday, August 23, 2007

Mark this Day

Owen took his first steps today!

He was in the kitchen of my neighbor's house and I was coming in after being gone for a few hours. He was cruising along the cabinets and then walked 5 steps to my legs. I was so flabbergasted, I couldn't say anything..I stood there with my jaw dropped, staring. My neighbor and her two daughters didn't see it...they were busy preparing lunch! So, in my excitement, I made him do it over and over, and over again!

Maybe now that he got this out of the way, he will focus on not mauling his friends and pinching their eyes out! For the record books, he is 8 months and 5 days old.

Now....do I call and tell my husband, or do I wait and have Owen do it for him? I'm torn. Half of me wants to call right now and share the news...but I'm not sure how I would feel if it were me.
Oh...I can't decide!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

What did you end up doing?

Unknown said...

I think this will only give Owen more motivation to be devilish ;) Yay Owen!

Anonymous said...

I ended up telling Ryan...I couldn't wait until Owen found the strength again to walk. (Which he hasn't done since, by the way.) He did take 2 tiny steps to Ryan that night..which was great for the daddy.

I do think that Owen is scared of walking though...he is really cautious now, much more than before.