Wednesday, August 22, 2007

But wait! I'm Sister of the Year, too!

I am going to visit my sister, mother, aunt, and grandmother this weekend. My husband can't come, so Talia and I are traveling alone. I was guilted into going and do not look forward to the trip in any way.

My sister, being as she is energetic and single and 29, is borrowing a jogging stroller from a friend so she and I can run a 5K on Sunday morning with Talia in tow. That I'm doing this at all is a martyrdom situation - I don't want to do it but she does so I gave in. Talia will freak out if she has to spend an hour in the stroller, and I'll end up pissing her off by stopping in the middle of the run.

My sister was shocked and annoyed ("bamboozled") when I told her that, no, we cannot leave Talia with my mother and aunt for two hours to get massages between the 5K and the party my mom and aunt are hosting in Talia's honor. My mother simply cannot handle watching Talia for two hours while prepping a house party. Frankly, she cannot watch Talia awake at all, and she admits as much. This is the same woman who literally had a panic attack trying to feed Talia three spoonfuls of baby food a month ago because it was getting on her chin, and I was standing five feet away!

So my sister is mad, and I'm flabbergasted that she thinks a nine-month-old can be shlepped from a 5K to her grandmother's house to a party. Bamboozled. Is there a special Sister-of-the-Year award, too?

No comments: