Sunday, October 28, 2007

I win.

In case you thought the Mother of the Year Award was still up for grabs, I have bad news for you: I've won. It's not even close. The winning event took place Saturday morning when I turned my back for three seconds and turned back to see Talia, holding a can of Scrubbing Bubbles, hands and mouth covered in the aforementioned bubbles. I screamed, ran over, grabbed her, washed her mouth and hands repeatedly with water, nursed her, fed her food, gave her sippies of water and milk, and spent time on the phone with Poison Control. Turns out Scrubbing Bubbles in some nasty shit. Sorry girls, you lose.

PS: This took place not 24 hours after Talia hit her head at the JCC and got her first bruise. Ugh.

PPS: Wait, looks like someone out there still sucks as a mother more than I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH my lord....this is horrible. I'm sorry this happened to you and Talia. BTW...what did they tell you to do?

BUT...the story about the baby drowning in the bleach bucket is a 100% worse....jeez. Unbelievable.